Our Tacoma drip irrigation team has been doing some research. We have found that most sprinkler systems don't incorporate a drip line into planting beds. In our opinion, this is a huge mistake. We've compiled the top 10 reasons you should have a drip irrigation system.
1.Watering can be done at any time of the day regardless of wind speeds, humidity or temperature.
2. There is no pressure loss in the house when the drip irrigation system turns on.
3. Results in larger, stronger, more bountiful plants that mature earlier and last for longer during the season.
4. Reduces water loss by evaporation and wind by up to 50 percent.
5. Fertilizer can be delivered directly to the roots. There is no chance of fertilizer burning exposed plant leaves or stems.
6. Significantly reduces moisture related disease, especially fungal growth on wet leaves.
7. Reduces weed growth in the watering area. There is no runoff and no excess water delivered outside the plant root systems.
8. Drip irrigation prevents soil erosion from heavy water runoff.
9. Irrigation runs can be easily moved from one place to another. This allows the system to be adjusted to the needs of perennial plants over several years.
10. Drip irrigation systems can be easily added to existing systems and placed with the special demands of plants and their growth periods in mind.
Our Tacoma drip irrigation techs can install a drip system for a fraction of the cost of a new in-ground system. Because there is no digging involved and the deliver line is cheaper than PVC, both installation and components prices are lower. A typical install can take as little as an hour (if it is a small open garden) or as long as a day or two (for extensive planting beds).
If you have been considering a drip system, our drip irrigation team is the one to call. We've been installing new drip systems for almost 20 years and know exactly which head should be placed in which area to give your plants the most beneficial watering possible.
Drip irrigation repairs are easily done, often simply requiring the system to be moved a few inches to compensate for yearly plant growth. A professional can usually update an entire system in just a couple hours.
Call our Tacoma drip irrigation team to find out how easy and affordable it is to get a new system set up today!